If you have diabetes, self-testing your blood sugar (blood glucose) can be an important tool in managing your treatment plan and preventing long-term complications of diabetes. You can test your blood sugar at home with ALLEVIA PLUS GLUCOSE METER device. The meter reads the amount of sugar in a small sample of blood, usually from your fingertip, that you place on a disposable test strip.
Why test your blood sugar
Blood sugar testing — or self-monitoring blood glucose — provides useful information for diabetes management. It can help you:
- Judge how well you're reaching overall treatment goals
- Understand how diet and exercise affect blood sugar levels
- Understand how other factors, such as illness or stress, affect blood sugar levels
- Monitor the effect of diabetes medications on blood sugar levels
- Identify blood sugar levels that are high or low
How to test your blood sugar
2 Simple Step Operations
- Insert a new test strip into the meter while the meter is off. The meter will turn on automatically.
Apply the blood drop to the front edge of the test strip, and the meter will display the test result on the screen in 5 seconds.
- Use for self-testing
- ALLEVIA PLUS test strip can only be used with the Allevia Plus meter
- Your doctor or diabetes educator can also help you learn how to use a meter.
- Follow the instructions that come with your glucose meter.